Blondie puts drag queen on Mars in disco-tastic new song/video, US tour this summer
Oh man, great news, Blondie still rules and they’ve got the video to prove it. Check out the visuals for the new track, “Fun,” below:
It’s been three years since Blondie dropped “Ghosts of Download” as a double disc with re-recordings of class tracks, and the new record, Pollinator, is set to drop on BMG this May featuring cover art by famed street artist Shepard Fairey. Pre order the record here!
Here’s some more details about the new release via the band:
With arrangements that are fast and fun, lyrics that are romantic and teasing, and infectious synth-stoked hooks that will have everyone on their feet, Blondie’s sound and sensibility is as fresh on Pollinator as when they first topped the charts. “This is music as it’s supposed to be,” says Debbie Harry, “Filled with spirit, fun and true soul.”
The band has enlisted an eclectic group of songwriters for their most collaborative album to date. Those offering their own interpretation of the band’s legacy are superstar Sia, Blood Orange frontman Dev Hynes, British singer Charli XCX, Dave Sitek (TV On The Radio), Nick Valensi (The Strokes), Johnny Marr (The Smiths) and Canadian movie blogger and indie rocker Adam Johnston (an Unkindness). The LP, produced by John Congleton (Franz Ferdinand, St. Vincent, Sigur Ros) and recorded at NYC’s famed studio The Magic Shop, also features vocals from Joan Jett, cross dressing comedian and singer John Roberts and The Gregory Brothers (founders of Songify the News). Laurie Anderson appears on a special hidden track on the CD version.
Singer-songwriter Debbie Harry, guitarist and co-writer Chris Stein, powerhouse drummer Clem Burke, and long-time band members bassist Leigh Foxx, guitarist Tommy Kessler and keyboardist Matt Katz-Bohen will bring Blondie’s one-of-a-kind live magic to the stage when they kick off their North American co-headlining Rage and Rapture Tour with Garbage on July 5th.
The US tour doesn’t include any RVA dates, but check out below and consider traveling cause the show might be amazing – pre-sale tickets are available here!:
“I think drag gave me permission… to find my voice. It was a very healing experience.”March 28, 2017
- Lynchburg native turned filmmaker aims to inform and entertain with ‘Dressed as Girl’, April 13, 2016
- James Franco continues his gender-bent themes with new multi-media project, December 16, 2015
- RuPaul Queen Pearl talks perfume and album production ahead of ‘Queens of the Night’ performance 10/18 at the Altria, October 12, 2015
- Prev Former Richmond researcher and LGBTQ activist Dr. Judy Bradford has passed away
- Next RVA LGBTQ Black History Month Honoree: Eric S. King
- Back to top
- Brian Burns returns with new book detailing RVA’s history of income inequality, homosexuality and Maymont owner’s use of convict labor
- Proud lesbian, cult survivor and nurse – Chelsea Savage looks to capture Virginia House seat
- Alabama one step closer to matching Virginia with anti-LGBTQ adoption legislation
- GAYCATION returns with ‘United We Stand’ special focusing on LGBTQ life in Trump’s America
- Virginia trans teen is youngest of Time Magazine’s ‘Most Influential People’ for 2017