Top 10 workout songs of summer
What’s the best thing to love about RVA?? Our Long Summers which sometimes seem to stretch from April through October.
This means lots of river floating, rock sunning, patio drinking, and brunch for days.
It also means for a lot of people extended biking trails, hikes, runs, or enjoying the beautiful parks and rec around the city.
Being an avid fitness blogger, logging 300 miles in the last two months on my fitbit along with 50+ hours of group exercise including zumba, cross fit, body pump and dropping 10% of my body weight just this summer alone; it seems fitting (with the fact that I’ve been Voted Richmond’s #1 DJ) that I get asked to compile my top 10 workout/running/walking songs for the summer.
It’s a science really… it has to have a good beat and be something you really like or can really get into… and for every good workout song there has to be a good cool down song…. ever heard of HITT? These are just a few of my favorites that seem to be in my “most listened” category on my Note4. After following Betty Who through multiple states and appearances this summer, I would have to say her Album “All of You” has been my soundtrack for summer which makes a lot of sense as 3 of her songs show up on my radar for the following list.
So, here we go… some of them are oldies but goodies, and some of them are new on the charts; remember whatever you do…. keep movin’.
The Meat of It:
01. Betty Who – All Of You
02. Galantis – Peanut Butter Jelly
03. Felix Jaehn – Ain’t Nobody
04. Shakira – Waka Waka (Afrika)
05. Jason Derulo – Want to Want Me
06. Tamar Braxton – If You Don’t Wanna Love Me (Hex Hector Mix)
07. Ariana Grande – One Last Time
08. Beyonce – Grown Woman
09. Betty Who – Heartbreak Dream
10. Mark Ronson ft. Mystikal – Feel Right
Honorable Mention (RVA Locals) : Broadside – Storyteller
Cool Down Songs:
01. Sam Feldt – Show Me Love
02. Betty Who – A Night to Remember
03. Big Data – Dangerous
04. Jennifer Nettles – Me Without You
05. My Morning Jacket – I’m Amazed
Remember, no matter what your playlist let it be something that motivates you to do more. Happy listening! Check out the Playlist Below:
Eric is a mixed media artist and Best of Richmond Winner for multiple categories over the last 5 years. He has been a resident of Richmond since 2006, and has spent many of those years as Showcast and Entertainment Director at Babes of Carytown.
Oh man, great news, Blondie still rules and they’ve got the video to prove it. Check out the visuals for the new track, “Fun,” below: It’s been three years since Blondie dropped “Ghosts of Download” as a double disc with re-recordings of class tracks, and the new record, Pollinator, is set to drop on BMG this May [...]February 15, 2017
- Prev TheatreLAB’s The Altruists is nearly perfect
- Next WATCH: Pastor attacks church leader’s hypocritical stance on gay people
- Back to top
- Brian Burns returns with new book detailing RVA’s history of income inequality, homosexuality and Maymont owner’s use of convict labor
- Proud lesbian, cult survivor and nurse – Chelsea Savage looks to capture Virginia House seat
- Alabama one step closer to matching Virginia with anti-LGBTQ adoption legislation
- GAYCATION returns with ‘United We Stand’ special focusing on LGBTQ life in Trump’s America
- Virginia trans teen is youngest of Time Magazine’s ‘Most Influential People’ for 2017