Read the stories of Richmonders sharing their coming out stories in the September 20th issue of Style Weekly and watch the video below. Tell us your story in the comments below.
As told to Jason Roop, Introduction by Kevin Clay, Photos by Scott Elmquist
Kevin Clay, Editor & Publisher, GayRVA.com
My partner doesn’t want to dance.
“At Last” plays at our friend’s summer wedding. Young and old join in, but we sit this one out. We are staying off the dance floor to avoid the stares we received at the last reception we attended.
(more at StyleWeekly.com)
Jason Yu, 24
Partner and Director of Marketing, the Hardwicke Group
Board Member and Contributor, GayRVA.com
“My father said: ‘You can’t change who you are. And you are who you are. And that’s that.’”
Share Your Story
Tell your story to Richmond in the comments section or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- R.A.I.N. Presents: Stay The Night w/ DSTRYD
- LGBT Democrats of Virginia to celebrate progress towards marriage equality at Second Annual Equality Breakfast
- Watch all of “My Own Private Idaho” on youtube
- ‘Time Tells’ paints a complex, open-ended, and unique picture
- Brian Baez unlocked a wave of emotions from a sold out RTP crowd