Read the stories of Richmonders sharing their coming out stories in the September 20th issue of Style Weekly and watch the video below. Tell us your story in the comments below.
As told to Jason Roop, Introduction by Kevin Clay, Photos by Scott Elmquist
Kevin Clay, Editor & Publisher, GayRVA.com
My partner doesn’t want to dance.
“At Last” plays at our friend’s summer wedding. Young and old join in, but we sit this one out. We are staying off the dance floor to avoid the stares we received at the last reception we attended.
(more at StyleWeekly.com)
Jason Yu, 24
Partner and Director of Marketing, the Hardwicke Group
Board Member and Contributor, GayRVA.com
“My father said: ‘You can’t change who you are. And you are who you are. And that’s that.’”
Share Your Story
Tell your story to Richmond in the comments section or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Gay dating app scores billboards outside Super Bowl host stadium
- Equality Virginia woking with Equality Carolina groups to promote LGBTQ supportive small businesses
- Lawmakers introduce bill to promote LGBT rights in U.S. foreign policy
- Virginia to pay over half a million dollars in legal fees to same-sex marriage plaintiffs
- House committee kills LGBTQ inclusive fair housing bill