Read the stories of Richmonders sharing their coming out stories in the September 20th issue of Style Weekly and watch the video below. Tell us your story in the comments below.
As told to Jason Roop, Introduction by Kevin Clay, Photos by Scott Elmquist
Kevin Clay, Editor & Publisher, GayRVA.com
My partner doesn’t want to dance.
“At Last” plays at our friend’s summer wedding. Young and old join in, but we sit this one out. We are staying off the dance floor to avoid the stares we received at the last reception we attended.
(more at StyleWeekly.com)
Jason Yu, 24
Partner and Director of Marketing, the Hardwicke Group
Board Member and Contributor, GayRVA.com
“My father said: ‘You can’t change who you are. And you are who you are. And that’s that.’”
Share Your Story
Tell your story to Richmond in the comments section or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Del. Bob Marshall’s bill to remove protections for LGBTQ teachers and students passes House subcommittee
- VA House uses weird procedural vote to kill multiple LGBTQ bills
- BREAKING: House sub-committee passes bill criminalizing transgender bathroom use
- Live coverage of House LGBTQ bill hearing
- Baltimore residents propose monument to ‘Pink Flamingos’ Divine character