Read the stories of Richmonders sharing their coming out stories in the September 20th issue of Style Weekly and watch the video below. Tell us your story in the comments below.
As told to Jason Roop, Introduction by Kevin Clay, Photos by Scott Elmquist
Kevin Clay, Editor & Publisher, GayRVA.com
My partner doesn’t want to dance.
“At Last” plays at our friend’s summer wedding. Young and old join in, but we sit this one out. We are staying off the dance floor to avoid the stares we received at the last reception we attended.
(more at StyleWeekly.com)
Jason Yu, 24
Partner and Director of Marketing, the Hardwicke Group
Board Member and Contributor, GayRVA.com
“My father said: ‘You can’t change who you are. And you are who you are. And that’s that.’”
Share Your Story
Tell your story to Richmond in the comments section or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Openly gay football player Michael Sam signed to professional team in Canada
- The secret sexualities of artists and performers explored in ’20 Rue Jacob’ happening now
- Boy Scouts of America leader calls ban on gay leaders unsustainable
- Josh Duggar admits he molested five girls as as a teenager, resigns from anti‑gay Family Research Council
- NERVE: Stories Of Queer Resilience aims to inform from real accounts of anti-LGBTQ aggression