Read the stories of Richmonders sharing their coming out stories in the September 20th issue of Style Weekly and watch the video below. Tell us your story in the comments below.
As told to Jason Roop, Introduction by Kevin Clay, Photos by Scott Elmquist
Kevin Clay, Editor & Publisher, GayRVA.com
My partner doesn’t want to dance.
“At Last” plays at our friend’s summer wedding. Young and old join in, but we sit this one out. We are staying off the dance floor to avoid the stares we received at the last reception we attended.
(more at StyleWeekly.com)
Jason Yu, 24
Partner and Director of Marketing, the Hardwicke Group
Board Member and Contributor, GayRVA.com
“My father said: ‘You can’t change who you are. And you are who you are. And that’s that.’”
Share Your Story
Tell your story to Richmond in the comments section or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Joing Q94′s Jackson for Cocktails for a Cause at Barcode Thursday Night
- BEHOLD! GayRVA’s NEW CALENDAR IS AWESOME!
- Pa’s Governor and AG Refuse to Defend State’s Gay Marriage Ban Again
- While Many Fight for Same-sex Marriage, Other’s Fight for Same-sex Divorce
- JMU Faculty Senate Passes Same-sex Partner Benefits Despite “Hostile Work Environment”