Read the stories of Richmonders sharing their coming out stories in the September 20th issue of Style Weekly and watch the video below. Tell us your story in the comments below.
As told to Jason Roop, Introduction by Kevin Clay, Photos by Scott Elmquist
Kevin Clay, Editor & Publisher, GayRVA.com
My partner doesn’t want to dance.
“At Last” plays at our friend’s summer wedding. Young and old join in, but we sit this one out. We are staying off the dance floor to avoid the stares we received at the last reception we attended.
(more at StyleWeekly.com)
Jason Yu, 24
Partner and Director of Marketing, the Hardwicke Group
Board Member and Contributor, GayRVA.com
“My father said: ‘You can’t change who you are. And you are who you are. And that’s that.’”
Share Your Story
Tell your story to Richmond in the comments section or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Join the #NOH8Worldwide movement in RICHMOND and add your face to the fight for equal human rights!
- Thousands descend on Washington ahead of historic Supreme Court hearing on marriage equality
- Join Fifth Wall Theatre as they announce their new season next Tuesday, 4/28
- Laverne Cox makes PEOPLE magazine ‘most beautiful’ list
- New poll shows record high 61 percent of Americans support marriage equality