Read the stories of Richmonders sharing their coming out stories in the September 20th issue of Style Weekly and watch the video below. Tell us your story in the comments below.
As told to Jason Roop, Introduction by Kevin Clay, Photos by Scott Elmquist
Kevin Clay, Editor & Publisher, GayRVA.com
My partner doesn’t want to dance.
“At Last” plays at our friend’s summer wedding. Young and old join in, but we sit this one out. We are staying off the dance floor to avoid the stares we received at the last reception we attended.
(more at StyleWeekly.com)
Jason Yu, 24
Partner and Director of Marketing, the Hardwicke Group
Board Member and Contributor, GayRVA.com
“My father said: ‘You can’t change who you are. And you are who you are. And that’s that.’”
Share Your Story
Tell your story to Richmond in the comments section or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Movie reviews: Exodus: Gods & Kings & Top Five
- U.S. Senate confirms first openly gay judge to sit on the federal bench in Texas
- J.K. Rowling tweets LGBTQ supportive ‘Harry Potter’ image
- Richmond’s LGBTQ Community responds with “We are all born to love” billboard
- Richmond Business Alliance offers knowledge, networking, and cheer at “Holidays At The Hipp!” Wednesday Night